For A-List Living on D-List Dimes......

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

For Realz??




In our modern day society it's hard to know what's real anymore.  These days, most fur is faux; boys can be girls; and so-called 'reality' TV shows are carefully scripted and produced.  Indeed, the days of J.Lo's 'I'm Real' pigtails are dead and gone and in their wake is a slew of empty promises and unfulfilled expectations.

When it comes to getting a good fashion deal the same is also true.  Now I've been around the block.  Yes, I've tried and tested them all - 50% off, 2 for the price of 1, buy 3 get the 4th free - and while some have offered my fake Fendi wallet the occasional glimmer of Recessionista hope most of them are just like the Wonderbra.  You think you're on to something big but once you get into it you realize there's nothing really there at all.

So forgive me for being somewhat sceptical when I was asked to consider The Real Real as the so-called 'Real Deal'.  Discount Chanel?  Try another fool.  Burberry trenches for less than $200?  I wasn't born last Christmas.  Carolina Herrera smiling within the parameters of my credit limit?  I don't think so.  I wasn't about to fall folly to the impressively glossy photographs this world wide website was trying to seduce me with.  But on thorough examination I would venture to say that The Real Real might actually be, well, for realz.  This online consignment world is the Paris Fashion Week version of my local Goodwill store - times a hundred.  It thoroughly shames all other resale models.  By cleverly grouping all designer labels together into mini collections that are on-sale for limited periods of time it puts the haute in haute consignment.

Yes, my Recessionista friends, The Real Real is the real deal.  Really.













Share

1 comment:

  1. Changes always happen, especially in the fashion world. There is a time that the ripped jeans are in, and there is a time that formal wears are in vogue. The important is it depends on us on how to embrace the change because we are the consumers. Just like sheer bras, you love to wear it all the time. Only it changes design. So, you need to get stylish and best design and not remain on the same old bra.

    ReplyDelete